This course is designed to help facilitate mutual understanding between airport executives and information technology (IT) professionals to enable them to work together effectively on IT projects. One of the goals of the report is to help airports achieve better performance and reliability of IT systems and fewer cost overruns and delays during system implementation.
After completion of this programme, the participant will be able to:
- Understand a step-by-step process of the CCTV installation including mounting of equipment, cabling, testing, commissioning, and maintenance.
- Outline the key concepts used in CCTV and digital video like lighting, picture formation, bandwidth calculation, camera synchronisation, etc.
- Appreciate the latest technologies used in CCTV like video analytics, understanding HD, latest video-compression techniques and products like megapixel camera.
- Gain knowledge on principle, types, features, how to choose, install and troubleshoot for each CCTV component like camera, lenses, switches, transmission systems, monitors, CCTV accessories, and recording system
IT Operations Personnel
Terminal Operations Personnel
Security Operations Personnel
CCTV Surveillance and Maintenance Personnel
CCTV Systems:-Introduction and usesElements of a basic CCTV system: -
- Camera, monitor, and digital recorderCamera types and uses: - Fixed and movable, indoor and outdoor, monochrome and color, day and night
- Camera specifications: - Sensitivity, signal to noise ratio and resolution. Image sensor – CCD & CMOS
- Lens Technology, Lens types: - Fixed and varifocal length, manual and motorized zoom, Lens selection
- Use of lens calculator
- Scene illumination: – Lighting considerations, Light source comparison, compares both thermal and infrared
- Lighting, reflected light
- Signal management – Switches, Quads, Matrix switchers, Multiplexers and control systems: – Types and applications
- Monitors, Multiple screen displays, Video walls
- Enclosures, types of mounts, Remote Positioning Units (RPU)
- Storage: – Analogue and Digital video recorders. Time-lapse recording. Reviewing video footage
- Cables and connectors: – Types, uses, limitations, preparation, and testing
- Transmission: Video signal transmissions such as co-axial, radiofrequency, microwave, and 2-Wire to cover
the features, advantages, disadvantages, and usage of each type of transmission
- Site Assessment and requirement gathering – how to conduct a site assessment when designing CCTV security for a customer
- System performance issues and what needs to be considered/designed
- An introduction to Video analytics and how it is changing today’s security landscape
- Types of analytics function