GMR Aviation Academy has partnered with prestigious international organisations like NATS to deliver informative, practically useful, and exhaustive courses that are designed to fast track the career of students. Training is designed to impart domain-related knowledge and skills appropriate to the qualification stream to be pursued in the CNS/ATM environment.
ATSEP Basic course objectives:
- Describe the ATM work environment
- Describe the role of ATC in the ATM environment
- Define the organisation of AIS
- State the impact of meteorology on aircraft and ATS operations and explain the importance of meteorological information in ATM
- Explain the principles used in Voice & Data Communications
- Explain the basic principles of navigation aids and describe their use in ATM
- Explain the principles used in Primary Radar, Secondary Radar, and other Surveillance systems, and describe their use in ATM operations
- Explain the principles used in data processing and describe their use in ATM operations
- Define the SMC function and describe its basic principles
- Describe general maintenance strategy and procedures
- Describe facilities and define the level of performance required
HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualification or equivalent proven knowledge and experience.